Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nethersleepy

"Your shoes are sexy." 
- a compliment from a student

Since I only got 5 hours of sleep last night, I was super exhausted today. 

I got up at the same time every morning and started off my day. I have been dressing up a lot just so that I can make sure I've worn everything that I brought with me. I'm really worried about packing. :( Anthony packed for me to make sure everything fit, and now I have more stuff to bring home. I shouldn't have gone shopping. 


Anyways, I taught 1mh2 class, and we had a good time reviewing past simple, vocabulary, reading aloud, etc. The students participated and actually attentive. When I told them that I would be teaching them again on Thursday, they were so excited! 


For my steunclass (remedial English class), we played Jeopardy, and for the first time, I felt that the computer room was useful since every student can see the questions and answers in front of them. We had a great discussion about grammar rules, and the students were really interested. They did really well with subject-verb agreement as well. Yay!


My 5h3 and 5h4 class had to do their book reports so my mentor teacher and I saw 4 groups of students where they verbally report about the book they read either in English or Dutch. The students had choose a genre they wanted and read at least 2 or 3 books in that genre. Then, they have to compare the books. The teacher asks questions about the plot, characters, setting, hidden message, etc. It was a very interesting process. My mentor teacher and I also graded the essays that the 5th years wrote during their testing week. 


As I was grading the essays, I was slightly falling asleep. I was so tired. :( 


I got home, called my mom, ate, and took a nap. I only intended to take a 45 minute nap and go to the gym. However, I woke up 4 hours later, and the gym was already closed. :(


So, once again I'm up late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment