Friday, March 26, 2010

Nethermuchbetter :)

Knowing that I have so many people who care about me makes me really happy. 

Today was a very productive day. Although I wanted to sleep in, I promised a student that I would come and meet with her at 9 am. 

So off to school I went at 8 am, and organized my life while I waited for our one-on-one session. 

The student that I met is a very bright student, and she has dyslexia. It was a new case for me since I've never worked with a student who had a learning disability. I tried my best to help her, and she seemed so thankful. :) 

After our 50 minute session, I worked on my unit lesson plan and all the assignments that are due for my class....and I finished putting everything together. Finally. I'm also halfway done with my COST portfolio, which makes me really happy. I am nervous about carrying two heavy binders with me, but oh well. 

I also had lunch with the American woman that I met earlier. She had pizza and salad for me, and we briefly talked about how my experience was going. She's a very intense and outspoken woman, but I love listening to her. She's full of life and opinions. She definitely gave me good advice about getting a teaching position which led to me working on more job applications. I'm getting really discouraged about getting a job. :(

I went back to school to observe Ashton and take a picture of her with her class. It was amusing that at age 17-18, the students still separated themselves - boys and girls. 

I had an appointment with a personal trainer today, but since he realized that I'm the English-only girl, he couldn't work with me because he didn't speak any English. But then again, you don't really need to talk to get me to work out. Once again, another slap on my face that I should have learned Dutch. :( I did have a good workout though. :) 


Then, I just had roomie time. We planned on going out, but we've both become hermits. We like each other's company. :)


Oh yea, today in the teachers' workroom, there were apple pies and whipped cream! Two teachers had their birthdays today!


Another thing that I think is really cool here is that a parent can give a teacher/administrator alcohol and there are no problems. 


I miss home. I miss my family and friends, especially my puppies. However, I'm not ready to go home yet...I can't believe I just have one more month left. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment