Thursday, March 4, 2010

Netherrreligious

As many of you know, I've always had a relationship with God but never really wanted anything else. I was satisfied with the fact that I believe in God, and that's all that really mattered to me. 

However, I was fortunate enough to meet people here who made me face what I've been avoiding - accepting God fully. Today, I took my first huge step towards a better relationship with God and learning how to trust in Him. It'll be a lot of work and it'll take a lot of strength but it's a journey that I'm willing to make, no matter what. 

I just hope that I don't go back to my old ways after this journey. I met some wonderful women today - ones that listened and prayed for me. I've never had so many people pray for me at once, and I just felt refreshed. It's a nice feeling. 

"Taste and see the goodness of the Lord." My mom sings this verse all of the time, and I actually never listened to it until I recognized it in the Bible. 

Anyways, I've had a rough Thursday. Very busy and frustrating, but very grateful for it. I'm exhausted as a teacher and teaching has overcome my life. I have so many things to do, but I'm not complaining because I absolutely love what I'm doing. 

I was told an hour before that I was teaching a class and coming up with a lesson plan was an awesome task for me. I've had to be creative so many times, and I absolutely loved it. I have my own master key for the school, so I do feel like a teacher. 

The students are asking for me more and more in the teachers' workroom, and the teachers are finally talking about me asking if I wanted to stay. :) I've made my mark. 

I also had to teach my 2-4pm remedial English class and we had so much fun. It's a very interesting class because there's always new faces. We had a market today, and they had to ask me questions in English when buying candy from me. I even made fake dollars for them - something that they were so excited about. :) (Hey, look at that - incorporating Mathematics with English class! Go me!)

My overseas coordinator went to Poland during the break and brought back Polish chocolate for me and Ashton! Yay! He also said that I've been doing a great job teaching and such. I really like nice compliments. 

Hm. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow, and I'm hoping that the doctor will make me gain my voice back. My overseas coordinator did tell me to over exaggerate so that they'll give me medicine for my throat. Nothing like the US - doctors give you pills for everything!

Steven gets here tomorrow. How exciting except that it's raining tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment