Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Netherproductive

Checklist for today:

1. Get my roommate a phone.
2. Buy a wireless router.
3. Explore downtown Rotterdam.
4. Find the public library.
5. Try the "best" french fries.
6. Set up wireless router by myself. :)
7. Take some more pictures.
8. Planned the weekend. 
9. Bought insoles (?) for my shoes to keep my feet warm. (YAY!!!)

Today was productive, but not in the way that I wanted it to be. My roommate and I went to the school thinking that we would settle all of our meetings with our overseas coordinator. She was going to talk to her mentor teacher about her requirements and we wanted to sit down with our overseas coordinator to talk about expenses.

However, that didn't happen. We only stayed at the school for a short time, and I didn't get to work on the lesson plans that I needed to have. We did explore and got more settled in. The internet is charged per room in our apartment and we decided to be smart and get a wireless router and split the bill. Now we just had to figure out how to set it up. :)

When we got home, I found out that my CD-ROM drive doesn't work, so I had to call Dell to fix it. We needed to have the drive so that we could install the wireless router. Anyways, I was on the phone with this Dell technician for two and half hours, had to pay him $49, and didn't fix my problem. After doing all kinds of things to my computer, this was his solution: just get better quality CDs. What the crap.

Anyways, we have wireless now so it's all good. :) I also set up skype and have a phone number that people can call me. :)

I will be up doing my lesson plans tomorrow, and emailing them to my mentor teacher to see if it'll work.

I guess that's it. Nothing too exciting. My overseas coordinator did say that I have the initiative to step up and do what I need to do, and that they like people with initiative. Maybe a step closer to getting a job here? Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment