Thursday, January 7, 2010

Netherlikin'it

Ok. So I'm super tired.

Here's a summary of my day.

1. Went to Hogeschool Rotterdam with the American woman, and observed her class. She taught in English and her students presented in English. (her students are also my age--yay for making friends!)
2. Her school is the college-level which was totally interesting to observe and look at and all that good stuff.
3. I was supposed to meet up with my mentor teacher at this other college, but didn't leave the other college til later so I just met up with her at our school.
4. Had no classes today because my mentor teacher didn't have any today - she was like a chaperone to this college trip that the students had this morning.
 ----attended a meeting with my mentor teacher...meeting was in Dutch so I learned a lot...not really. I paid full attention to them as if I understood----
5. My bread that I bought from the supermarket was super delicious. I only spent 8.11 euros. Groceries are cheap!! Woot woot! Now, I gotta learn how to cook. Grrreat.
6. I got my $1000 that financial aid forgot to give me. Ugh.
7. I am mailing my internet form today! YAY! And my mentor teacher has an ethernet for me to use because her husband is an IT...or works with computers if that's not right.
8. I talked to the lower level teachers (which is basically the 11-12 year olds' teachers) and they want me to work with them! Super excited since I'm more comfortable with that age group than the older one.
9. The toilet in my apartment doesn't have an exhaust fan or whatever you call it so it smells horrible in there.
10. I think I finally have an idea on how my days are going.
11. I'm hungry.
12. I need to buy toilet paper but it's expensive so I'll just "borrow" from the school for right now. Lol.
13. My roommate gets here on Monday night! Woot woot!
14. I'm just blah-blah-ing. :)
15. And you keep reading.
16. Yup! Super excited about teaching!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17. Missing everyone terribly...

No comments:

Post a Comment