Saturday, January 2, 2010

Nether-WHOA!

Ok. So I have mixed feelings.

I couldn't go to sleep last night because of the time. When I did wake up, all the TV was showing were naked girls. Complete shock, but then I am in Europe right?

My apartment isn't as nice as the pictures. It's very mediocre. Um...the toilet and the shower are in two different rooms. My bed is super small. I have a bright red couch. The kitchen is well...ok. I have to pay for laundry and sign up for the hour/s that I will be using the washer and dryer. If I accidentally leave my card or just can't get in the apartment, I have to pay everytime to get in. Whoa, right? Ha.

Oh and the outlets are different here! I should've known, and I came unprepared so now I can't charge anything.

The view from my room is absolutely gorgeous. It's just in front of the river. :) My room is huge!! And I just unpacked today.

I hung out with my mentor teacher today, and we rode the tram to downtown. There are hundreds of stores and a crap ton of people! I bought my prepaid phone. I will put down my number later. We also went to Hotel New York where the service was terrible. My mentor teacher pointed out that people here are normally not so helpful.

The boys are cute, I guess...but definetely not my type, not that I'm looking. (I'm truly lucky to have my amazing bf.)

I rode the subway back to my apartment, then we walked to my mentor teacher's, AM's, place. I have to walk back by myself, so hopefully I paid attention so that I don't get lost. Ha.

Oh yeah, right before I got on the plane to Amsterdam yesterday, this complete stranger walked up to me to tell me that I left my wallet (which had my insurance card, money, all the important things) and that he turned it in at the information desk. So I had to run to the desk before the plane left me, and everything was in my wallet as if nobody touched it. I know, I know...I need Anthony to look out for me so that I don't forget anything. Ugh. I was super embarrassed and felt so stupid.

It snowed today! So def cold and wet.

AM already has plenty of projects for me to do such as working with 10th grade Turkish students to help them better their English, and working with a primary group of bright students with their English. I'm also going to observe this American woman's college class to see how she teaches....things like that. So I'm def getting a lot of experience...def interesting! I can't wait!

Um. I guess that's it for now. I have to set up my internet by Monday, or else I'll die of boredom in my room. Ha. Maybe I'll start a book today.

I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Just going with the flow. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Toni,
    I've been checking your blog on a daily basis. I miss you so much already and I'm not even at home to miss you. You seem to have gotten off to a rough start in The Netherlands but I'm sure after a while you will become settled into your new enviorment. You know I'm just an email or if things get real bad you can call me and I'll joke and pick on you as normal.

    As for me things with Ian and I are amazing. In two weeks we will be going to New York City for our one year anniverasry. And for Christmas he got us tickets to The Lion King on Broadway. And we have awesome seats. So im super excited. So anyways enjoy your time there and keep us updated!

    I LOVE and MISS you!!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni Rose, you need to be looking for guys for you best girl friends here who happen to be single.

    for example, me!!

    miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. girl, it's not like i can take the guys back to US with me.

    hahaha.

    but you would love them. :)

    ReplyDelete