Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nether---no.

American moment of the day: went to the supermarket today and assumed they took credit/debit cards. Put my groceries on the lane, they started ringing up my stuff, then I decided to ask if they took cards...and they DIDN'T. Ugh. Embarrassed, yes.

Anyways, my sleep schedule is still icky. I just cannot go to sleep until late at night and wake up around noon. I did decide to take a walk around the neighborhood. I found the supermarket and the gym and started taking pictures. My battery is dying though, so I have to be careful.

My roommate ordered converters so hopefully I can borrow at least one. I really need it.

So after I walked around, just went back to my room and slept. Room Raiders 2.0 is always on! AM called me 13 times, and I slept through it all. Oops.

Now I'm at her house again waiting for dinner. I'm so hungry. I haven't had a chance to go to the bank and exchange money because banks are closed on the weekends here. I could just take money out of my debit card but the bank charges $5.95 everytime I take money out. Hopefully tomorrow, I can open up a bank account and start eating again. Ugh.

Also, I start school tomorrow! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm riding the tram to the school by myself and meeting with my overseas coordinator there. A breakfast is set up, like I mentioned before. I have to be on the tram by 7:35 to get to the school by 7:45.

I think that's it. The supermarket was really cool. Lots of choices. Prices are expensive, when converted to dollars. Their meat portions are also very tiny! I was there looking for bulk and couldn't find any. Lol. Oh my American ways.

I'm also hoping that by tomorrow, I will have internet set up. Cross your fingers. I'm just ready for my roommate to get here so we can explore the world together, and I'd feel safer.

My walk back to my apartment last night at 10:30 was not bad at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment