Monday, January 11, 2010

NetherOverload!

What have I done the last two days?!?!

Well let me tell you.

Friday night, I had dinner at AM's place, and had an amazing dinner. Stayed to talk -- apparently, my jeans with holes did not make a good impression last weekend. So advice to all Americans: jeans with holes is not cool everywhere!

Saturday:
!!!! Weather Forecast !!!!
Stay at home, because it will be unbelievable cold with the strong winds and all that good stuff ---- I still decided to explore. I went to this store that sold outlet converters (so now I have three! And I charged everything I had!) Then, I tried to explore more...and almost got knocked down by winds. My feet were freezing, I was upset because I got on the wrong tram looking for an adventure that only led me to the same place--
..........so I went home after two hours of being outside. And what did I do? Watch The Hills! (which is a complete waste of time, btw) However, I did cook tomato soup and had bread with cheese. Woot woot.

Sunday ~~~~
My overseas coordinator invited me to visit his city (which is 40 miles away from Rotterdam---a city called Utrecht) --- amazing city! I bought a train roundtrip ticket. 17.50 euros..not bad.

Took pictures, appreciated the scenery, watched people ice skate (so jealous btw), stopped at this cute little restaurant for hot chocolate and apple pie, then went to a Cathedral reformed into a Protestant church --- very impressed with the Cathedral, I want to get married there...for real. All of my friends will have to fly to The Netherlands for my wedding. Ta-da.

Had dinner --- amazing, I was stuffed! Red cabbage, mashed potatoes, beef stew...I've never eaten this healthy before! I kinda like it. My overseas coordinator's house was absolutely gorgeous!

My train was delayed because someone decided to be smart and jump in front of the train. I guess, it's the quickest way to die. Um. Ok.

Dutch people love wine!!! And I do too!

Great weekend, now I have to go to a training thing that'll be in Dutch. I'll be back to write about today...

I'm hoping once again that I have internet by the time I go home today.

Oh, and my roommate is arriving today! I finally get to meet her! I won't be so lonely in my apartment anymore. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment