Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Netherrelax!

Today was very relaxing! I didn't have to come in to teach, but I did have to tutor the two girls. :) The two girls loved the activity I did with them! They had problems with past/present simple, continuous, and perfect. I printed out their favorite songs' lyrics and got them to rewrite the lyrics. :) It was awesome. They also showed me their letters, and they're having problems with prepositions - isn't everyone? So next time we meet, we're working on prepositions. They also invited me to go watch a movie next Sunday. I'm excited about going.

So I planned my lesson plans, created the worksheets and everything else necessary for the classes, and just sat and waited until it was time to meet with the girls. I rode my bike this morning to school with a flat tire. However, the amazing caretaker/mechanic fixed my bike for me! No more flat tire, and my light is working again! 

Hm. Tomorrow is my busy day. I teach nonstop from 9 - 4. AH! I wanted to get my hair cut today, but it was way too expensive. I might wait until after all of my trips.  If not, I'll just get it cut in the US. I did go work out today! Finally! However, I just did weights, but better than nothing. I consider cycling to and from school today my cardio. :)

I went to church at 7 for Ash Wednesday. I really wish I could understand Dutch. I'm sure my life here will be more enjoyable. 

Anyways, I did talk to some people today on the phone, and it made me happy. I talked to one of my fav professors, and she made me happy like always. I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow for Paris. I haven't packed. I don't want to pack right now. 

I have to have lots of energy for tomorrow. I have to focus on my lessons before Paris. I have to keep my priorities straight. Ha. 

Oh yea, I did get my two laundry tokens that I lost the first time I tried to do laundry. Yay for complaining. :)

And I watched Will and Grace today for the first time in a while, and I remembered just how much I missed watching that show and how happy my gay friends make me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment